Q3 Cyber Security Vendor Transaction Highlights
- 113 total funding and M&A transactions
- $2.3 Billion raised over 89 rounds
- 24 total M&A events
Crunching the Numbers
- The $2.3 Billion raised in Q3, 2023 represents a 21% increase in funding raised when compared to Q3, 2022.
- Funding volume increased substantially with 89 funding rounds tracked in Q3 ’23 compared to 56 in Q3, ’22, representing a 22% delta.
- YTD 2023, cybersecurity vendors have raised $7.1 Billion over 261 rounds.
- Interestingly, the 261 rounds of investment recorded through Q3 ’23 has already exceeded all of 2022’s volume, 233 rounds recorded for the full year.
- Dollars invested through Q3, 2023 remains ~38% behind 2022’s total funding recorded.
Annual Funding Comparison
Q3 Security Vendor Funding
Q3 Funding Round Count
Q3's funding rounds and mergers & acquisitions
|Vendor||Activity Type||Acquiring Company||Financials||Market Segment|
|Atmosec||Acquisition||Check Point||Undisclosed||SaaS Security|
|Vali Cyber||Seed||N/A||$15,000,000||OS Security|
|Dattak||Funding, A||N/A||$12,000,000||Cyber Insurance|
|Gem Security||Funding, A||N/A||$23,000,000||Detection/Response|
|Legit Security||Funding, B||N/A||$40,000,000||Supply Chain|
|Cato Networks||Growth Funding||N/A||$238,000,000||SASE|
|Nord Security||Growth Funding||N/A||$100,000,000||VPN|
About Pinpoint Search Group
Pinpoint recruits VPs, Directors and Sr. Individual Contributors for cyber security vendors. As start-ups continue raising millions in funding and established vendors make acquisitions to round out their offerings, Pinpoint Search Group is keeping track.
Contact us to discuss adding talent to your team, or if it’s time to explore new opportunities.